lunes, 28 de enero de 2008

on the road


"I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between the East of my youth and the West of my future, and maybe that is why it happened right there and then, that strange red afternoon."

"It was sad to see them go, and I realized that I would never see then again, but that´s the way it was. `You´ll freeze your ass tonight,`I warned. ´Then you´ll burn 'em in the desert tomorrow afternoon.´"

"I spun around till I was dizzy; I thought I´d fall down as in a dream, clear off the precipice. Oh where is the girl I love? I thought, and looked everywhere, as I had looked everywhere in the little word below. And before me was the great raw bulge and bulk of my American continent; somewhere far across, gloomy, crazy New York was throwing up its cloud of dust and brown steam. There is something brown and holy about the East; and California is white like washlines and emptyheaded - at least that´s what I thought then."

"Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields (...) the fields the colour of love and Spanish mysteries."
Jack Kerouac (On the road).


Well, at page 141 I have decided to stop reading. Just like A. told me there is no sex, drugs and rock&roll in this book. At this point it is becoming really boring and since route66 is waiting for us with me as the one and only driver (girls, get a driver´s license!!!I can´t drive through a whole continent with no shifts...) we will have our own ontheroad-story to tell. I can´t wait (well, I will have to while making the $$$).
The red convertible is waiting for us, yeah!

No hay comentarios: