sábado, 20 de febrero de 2010

shutter island


The thing that bothers me the most about my no-life is that I can´t do the one think I like the most, that is going to the movies. When I had a life, I did at least once a week and now I have to convince myself that I can stop my work for a couple of hours and sit to watch a movie in a theatre. And when I do I can´t write my impessions because I do not have the time. How is it that there is no post for Avatar or even worse, for Inglourious Basterds? Well, that needs to change.
So this ¨new life¨ back to my cinema addiction starts with Sr Scorsese and his Shutter Island. I don´t want to ruin the ending, I won´t reveal any of it but I have to say that I was really confused (and disturbed) when I left the theatre. I must be a really twisted person when I thought that the ending was open to an interpretation, so as soon as I got home I searched for people´s opinion about it in imdb. I found that there were some others in the same situation, but there is actually a one and only ending if we stay loyal to the book (which I didn´t read). The ending was, of course, the opposite of the one I decided I was picking on the train going back home.
Even now I question if Scorsese wanted that open interpretation or not. Is it about not everything is what it seems to be... or the exact opposite?

P.S: The story reminded me in many ways of a really good book: ¨los renglones torcidos de Dios¨.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Ya descrubí el traductor de google!!! bien!!!!!!
no tengo planes para semana Santa así q ue me la apunto.
besin!!!