miércoles, 2 de mayo de 2007

Blind date.




I have been thinking what could be said when blind dating...an Idea from Shakespeare taken from the most incredible blind date:








R-If I profane with my unworthiest hand This holy


shrine, the gentle sin is this: My lips, two blushing


pilgrims, ready stand To smooth that rough touch with


a tender kiss.




J-Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, Which


mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have


hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, And palm to palm


is holy palmers' kiss.




R-Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?




J-Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.




R-Well, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;


They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.




J-Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.




R-Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus


from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.




J-Then have my lips the sin that they have took.




R-Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me


my sin again.




J-You kiss by the book.

No hay comentarios: