jueves, 25 de octubre de 2007

to bob dylan


Dear Dylan,
I write this to you with no anger, well...maybe a little. I just want to let you know, considering your ignorance and as a the fan that I am, that the ¨Premio Príncipe de Asturias a las Artes¨ is not like an MTV award. It is a formal, really well known international award that covers areas from sports to science, humanities, arts, international cooperation... There is a fundation that gives the awards, and in the act itself they are given in hand by the prince, not the king like your note said.
I understand that you can be too busy to come to receive the award, but considering the big thing that it is you could at least show respect and send somebody else to excuse you and pick it up. I hope that the next time you read a little bit more about the history and relevance of things like this that are given to you, since it is a privilege. Also because I believed that a big part of your job was what you were trying to communicate, and your passive attitude makes me consider if your really want to reach people with your words. Again as a fan, I am really disappointed,

una ovetense.

p.s: Survivors of the Holocaust, Al Gore and Michael Schumacher among others are already in Oviedo...

No hay comentarios: